Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Shakin' It In Shanghai

I managed to survive the Shanghai Institute of International Education Fair for a second time - it's probably as close as I'll ever get to the trading floor at the stock market. Or and insane asylum (keeping my fingers crossed on that one). People mob every table, regardless of what school it is, and take everything that isn't nailed down (including my bottle of water!). They elbow each other aside and talk over each other and don't seem to be phased at all when they find out that my school doesn't have an MBA, engineering program, math major, or whatever else they're looking for. They still want to know what our minimum GPA and TOEFL requirements are.

Had a spot of stomach trouble after we left Hong Kong. It was short lived and I'm doing fine now, but I don't have many pictures from Shanghai. Off to Beijing this afternoon (the one city on this tour I haven't been to before). Here are a few pics from our stay in HK:




We chow down at the cafe in the mall below our hotel.













Visited Stanley Market (where I managed not to buy alot of cheap crap).






















We gather in the lobby for VERY early morning departure for school visits (don't we look perky?).













Stav and Phi Phi try on sunglasses at the Night Market (yes, there's Stanley Market, a day market, a night market, a weekend market, and probably more in Hong Kong).

No comments: