1. They don't just have a Library, they have a Library!
2. Birds everywhere! California Quail in the backyard next to our inn! Wood Ducks in a city park (below)! Prairie Falcons nearby at Snake River Canyon! Peregrine Falcons in downtown Boise! With a nest cam!
3. The aforementioned Snake River Canyon! Very beautiful!
4. The Idaho Central Credit Union has a big ol' party van and sends it out on Friday night with a DJ and street dancer!
5. Huge rocks! Deposited by glacial melt!
And here's a bonus reason to love Boise! The Northwest Lineman College in nearby Meridian! I kid you not! Hard to tell from the photo, but there is a whole complex of different types of poles, towers, and power lines here! How else do you think they learn how to be linemen?!