Tuesday, October 21, 2008

California Here I Come!

Had a lovely final morning in Tokyo before I had to be on the 11:45 bus to the airport.

Started with breakfast at the Palace Hotel...













...then went for a stroll at the Imperial Palace Gardens...













...with my friend Rosemary from Calvin College...












...after which we went to the lounge on the top floor of the hotel...












...where I had an $8 ginger ale.













Arrived in San Francisco approximately three hours before I left Tokyo, thanks to the International Dateline. Very glad to be back at home with Brian and Violet and Mort. Will post some more favorite pics that haven't made it onto the blog yet in the next few days. My thanks to everyone for their comments and support!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're home! Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound. I'll call you in the next few days, I'll give you a chance to settle in first!

Mr. Miro said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound! But I'm wondering if the $8 ginger ale made you feel as if you were already back in the Bay Area...