Monday, April 19, 2010

CAKE!!?!??!?

Ah, Red Velvet Cake. It holds a special place in my heart, because, well, because it holds a special place in the folklore of me and my friends. There's the B.W. Red-Velvet-Cake-vomiting story (in which scenario he gets drunk, eats red velvet cake, vomits it up, and his friends insist on taking him to the hospital, not realizing that the reason for his velvety red vomit is, in fact, red velvet cake), the J,-and-M.-order-red-velvet-cake-for-dessert-after-breakfast story (after which Brian waits at least a full hour, until we're alone, to turn to me and exclaim, "CAKE!!?!??!?." And, if that weren't enough, there's This is Why You're Fat, with it's chocolate velvety balls.

So, imagine my joy when I saw this at Yogurtland (self-service frozen yogurt, 30-cents and ounce!). I hate to say it, but that particular flavor of frozen yogurt isn't that great, and not even particularly evocative of red velvet cake (though maybe it is of the batter, which I've never sampled). Still, as conceptual art, it can't be beat.

2 comments:

BrianY said...

Did I really wait for an hour? What restraint.

I'm sorry the yogurt rendition wasn't all that good. Although did you really expect it to be?

And your link to the chocolate velvety balls seems to be broken; here's the permalink.

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the link, honey! And I didn't really expect red velvet cupcake frozen yogurt to be good, but I had to try it.